Thursday, July 26, 2007

Dart League

I am in a Dart League with a bunch of my friends. Most of the guys in the Dart League with me, with their wives and kids make up most of the friends of me and my wife and our kids. They are a great bunch of guys and I have known most of them for years in fact I went to High School with the McGilvary brothers - Joe and Steve. Every other Tuesday we go to Chaucer's and play darts. Chaucers's is a good bar. It has that British Pub type feel and great beer and burgers. When I drink beer I often like micro brews but here I like the English beers they have like Guiness and Harp.

It was great this week. All of us were there- Steve, Joe, Timmy Chiocco, Russ Davis and me. Usually in the summers it is tough with vacations and the kids being around so it was good to get out and get together. Steve was the designated driver so that was also good if you get my drift.

We played against a bunch of guys that we all knew. We were in the same Sunday Slo-pitch Softball League a few years ago and one of the guys George Macredes has a similar job that I have for the competition. He is not a bad guy though and sometimes it is good to share stories.

We played great team darts this week. We all hit the shots when we had too and were picking eachother up. The way it works is that we play 4 games of 501 and then 5 games of cricket. We play best of 9. Anyway we killed them this week and won in 6 games. It was fun to rub it in Macredes and the other guys. It is part of a league but usually there is also a $10 a man side bet and that usually buys a few beers at the end of the night so that was a good time.

It was a little rough on Wednesday morning but luckily I didn't have to make any calls until 10. I have to go to the district office on Thursday and am going to stay over night there at the Marriot. I like going to the district office as it is good to catch up with the people who really do the work after I make the sales. The office people who do the invoicing, customer service and all that. One of the guys is leaving so there is a little shin dig for him Thursday that I will make too.

No comments: