Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Long time

One of the things they talked about in the conference where I heard about blogs was that you have to update them frequently and I have not been doing that but I am back.

I am not a man to make excuses but work has been nuts and we went away for vacation with Joe McGilvary and his family. Good times. We went to the Outer Banks and rented a place. Our wives and kids get a long so that is good and Joe and I were able to sneak out and play some golf. Lots of BBQ and beers but a heck of a drive.

On the drive down I was able to meet with Mike Curtis from the DelMarVa region. Terry Buohl who is one of my clients picked up some space in Newark, DE which is technically Mike's territory but as Terry is my account we needed to work out some details. It is going to work out. Mike is a good guy and we came to a fair arrangement.

I am a big sports fan and have been outraged by a few developments in sports these days. The NBA ref gambling, Michael Vick and the dogs and Barry Bonds. It is just terrible. I really did enjoy the Little League World Series last week though, those kids are playing for the love of the game and it was just fun to watch.

I am very excited about the NFL season. Even though I am from the Northeast I am a big time Cowboys fan going back to the Roger Staubach days. I can't tell half my clients that I like the Cowboys. Buohl in Harrisburg is a big Steelers guy, Phil Schnatz in Philadelphia bleeds Eagle green and Mike Swartow is a huge Giants fan. I have my fantasy football draft on Thursday night, I always enjoy fantasy football and the draft is just a good night of ball busting with the fellas.

The fall is really the busy season for work. I have three conventions and then there is the end of year National Sales Conference. This year it is in Arizona in December. I am pacing to have a great year and if things go well I could be in line for one of the top regions so I have to be on my A game all fall.

On my vacation I read a great, great book called You, Inc. about how to use selling your self to be a better sales person. I am going to apply some of these methods and see how I do.

No comments: