Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

Getting back to this Blogging thing and trying to be better about it. Big few weeks ahead of me. Next week I have to go to Springfiled Mass for a three day convention. The convention is at the MassMutual Convention Center. I get to stay at the Springfield Marriott and that is one of my favorite Marriotts. It has a Champions Sports Bar and that is always a good place to unwind.

Grant Hunt from the District Office Schenectady is coming up to this and it will be good to spend time with him. I really liked Jerry Rogers who left the District Office and Grant seems like a good guy. Jerry and I certainly had our fun at some of these Conventions and I hope that Grant will be as much fun. Mike Swartow, who is a client, is going to come up to this so we have a dinner planned with him. Matt Parker is a guy in the Boston area who I have been trying to sell to for a long time and I finally have a dinner with him. I am trying to find a good steakhouse up there to go to. I hope it goes well, he would be a good account to land.

Some other stuff... I was thrilled to see Lefty beat Tiger this weekend in the golf. It was great to watch. Rivalries like that are good for sports. I had my NFL Fantasy League Draft last week. My team name is The Camp North Star All Stars. That was based on one of my favorite Bill Murray movies, Meatballs. I love that movie. My team is pretty good and I have Cedric Benson of the Bears, Frank Gore of the 49ers, Tony Romo of the Cowboys, the Cowboys D and a bunch of other guys. Draft night is always fun. This year we had it at Chaucers where we usually have our dart league and it was a good night out. The league is made up of me, the McGilvary Brothers, Timmy Chiocco, Russ Davis, Russ's brother Scott, and two friends of Scott's-Glenn Pritchard and Peter Flynn. It has been the same bunch of us for a few years and it is fun. Glenn Pritchard got Tomlinson with the first pick.

No comments: