Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Best time of the year

What can I say about March? It is one of the best times of the year. St. Paddy's Day, March Madness, golf courses open up and baseball season is near.

Yesterday I was in Philadelphia for a sales call with Tommy Sheridan. Let me tell you something a sales call with Tommy Sheridan on St. Patricks day in Philadelphia is a recipe for a good time. I decided to drive in to Philly on Sunday and take some time to myself. A good buddy I went to college with lives there so I was able to have dinner with him. The Convention Center Marriott is a really classy place and they have Shula's Steakhouse in the place as long as a good sports bar.

I drove in early on Sunday, mainly to watch basketball and golf- don't tell my wife that. (he-he-he). It was a great day of sports. I was really impressed with how Georgia won three basketball games in two days but even more impressed with Tiger Woods winning the Bay Hill Invitational. I tell you with Tiger.... they should cut him open and look for wires, he aint real!

Charlie Doyle, my college buddy came into town for dinner. He is a good guy. Going through a rough spell that I do not want to get into on here but it was good to see him. He may be going through a rough spot but nothing that a 22oz T-bone wont make feel better. It was good to see him and catch up on some of the gang. He is in touch with more people we went to college with through the World Wide Web but not me.

Anyway, I got up early on Monday and hit the Marriott Gym. Trying to strengthen my core for golf and softball seasons. Then went to Tommy Sheridan's office around 10:30. I know the reason he wanted to meet me on St. Paddys day at 10:30 was so I had an excuse to take him to lunch. So we met quickly, set up a bunch of stuff for fall deliveries and then went to lunch. Long story short is lunch ended at about 5:30 PM. Luckily I had stopped drinking at around 2 so I was OK to drive home. Tommy takes the train in to work and I am not sure how he made it. He is a fun guy.

The drive home was not bad. I have been having some back problems which is why I am trying to strengthen my core. Every two hours the PT recomends I get up and stretch a little bit so I hit a few rest stops on the Turnpike and made it home by 9ish.

Busy week this week. Trying to secure all the fall deliveries for people and a few of my accounts are hitting the dreaded 45-90 past due window and I dont get paid until they pay. I also may be doing a few NCAA brackets this week and try and be out of the office on Friday to watch some games. Macredes who lives near me and works for the competition and I try and get together and talk a little shop over these games. Always good to hear what the competition is up too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.